Macintosh SGF Notes
Setting Up Internet File Mappings for SGF on the Macintosh
If you do this, ".sgf" e-mail attachments will
automatically be saved with the right creator & file type (and
thus, the right icon).
Return to the Go Tools main
Go to the Go ToolsLinks page
- Open the Internet control panel.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Choose File Mapping from the list at the left.
- Click the Add button. Wait for a list of applications to be
- In the Extension box, type ".sgf" (without the
quotes of course).
- From the Application list, choose Smart Go Board (or your
favourite SGF viewer).
- Verify the File Type & Creator. They should be
"TEXT" and "GoBd" respectively. I
would think that the File Type would be "TEXT" for
any viewer (but I could be wrong).
- Click the Show Advanced Options button.
- In the Description field, provide one (I typed "Smart Game
- In the MIME Type field, type
- Check Map Incoming and Map Outgoing.
- Click the Add button.
- Close the control panel.